Thursday 16 February 2012

Digital Skilling - Story and Direction

As well as 3D modeling, another key aspect of the digital skilling module I will be exploring is to further my skills within story creation and direction. The brief I have been set for this is to create a storyboarded sequence which will then be turned into an animatic. By creating an animatic I will be able to show my chosen visual style, without having to create a fully animated piece. The animatic will be based on a fictional feature film, and is not a full narrative. The piece I have storyboared would be part of an asian inspired film; showing a warrior progressing through a dangerous mountain, fighting off various monstrous enemies. The scene would be part of a complete film, and my animatic throws the viewer straight into the action. The scene is inspired by both Eatern and Western work, particulary the work of Genndy Tartakovsky, creator of "Samurai Jack" and "Star Wars: Clone Wars".

My completed storyboards are presented below.








No comments:

Post a Comment