Thursday 3 May 2012

Finished Animatic

The above animatic shows my final, finished animatic. This animatic contains the changes suggested to me by my tutors, and is benefitted from these changes. Instead of the Orphan's focus being the lost coin through the film, the focus is now on catching up with the old man. This is a better focus, as it gives the impression that the boy is trying to catch up with the man to rob or pick pocket him, rather than to return the coin. I am very pleased with the final outcome of the animatic. I have been able to take forward the techniques I learnt within the Digital skilling module, and apply new approaches to the piece as I went along.  Although the run time is a little long, as the project progresses into my third year, I will be able to edit the piece further. This process will be even simpler when I start to apply my story into Maya, as I will then have an actual camera to move around to compose my shots. I think that the next process to the creation of my third year film would be to create an animatic in 3D using Maya. This is something I will work on during the summer break, ready to begin production when I return to University in September.

As a final piece for this module, I am happy with my animatic. It is able to show the directorial skills i have deveolped so far, and also show my creative vision which I hope to bring to life within my final year.

No comments:

Post a Comment