Thursday 3 May 2012

Modeling in Z Brush



After completing my base mesh of my character in Maya, I then imported the mesh into Z Brush. Z Brush allowed me to gain a further level of detail to my character model that I would have been able to obtain using Maya alone. I used Z Brush to give my character a sculpted, stop motion puppet aesthetic. I wanted my character to appear as if it was sculpted out of a lump of clay, and the sculpting tools within Z Brush allow me to give my work this finish. The main area that I concentrated this effect onto was the character's beard, hair and eyebrows. The rest of the body was mostly left as it appeared within Maya. I really like the aesthetic Z Brush was able to give my character, and is definitely a program I would use within my work again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment