Sunday 18 March 2012

Character Sculpt




In preparation for creating my character within Maya, I have created a real world sculpt of the man, using modeling clay. The creation of a sculpt for a character is common within the animation industry, and can be beneficial to both CG modelers and animators. Although I'm glad I went through the process, I do not think the result is not what I intended. The modeling clay I used was of a poor quality, and actually quite difficult to model with. It also dried out pretty quickly as I was modeling, meaning parts of the sculpture would be dry, while other parts were still being worked on. Overall, I think that the end result is a bit of a failure, but I am glad I went through the process of creating the sculpt, as I have learnt from my mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment