Saturday 10 March 2012

Character Sketches


The below sketches show some rough designs for the two characters that will appear within my animatic, and that I will model in Maya, to form the basis of my show reel. Although, I have not finalized the story of my animatic yet, I think that the two characters I have created could work effectively off each other. 

The two characters I have created are an elderly man, and a young orphan. The two character archetypes are based on the dynamic usually found within the work of Dickens, but I have altered the style of the characters to my own. I have also planned for these two characters to be based in a Russian city, rather then "Dickensian" London. This is to give the animatic and characters the wintery setting I wanted, but also to work with the aesthetic style of the characters. I have based the characters on generic shapes; utilizing arcs and triangles within their designs. The characters have gone through a few minor changes as the design process went along, but I feel they are becoming two interesting characters which can work well as both a basis for Maya character modeling, and to be part of my animatic.













No comments:

Post a Comment